The Lion’s Pantry
Our mission is to address and mitigate student hunger at Penn State University Park campus.
Our purpose is to help provide sustenance to Penn State students experiencing food insecurity.
Accessing the Pantry
Every student with a valid Penn State ID may access The Lion’s Pantry services.
Note: Please bring your Penn State ID to verify student status.
*Please follow our social media for all updates!
Hours Beginning October 5th for pick-up ONLY:
Sunday: 4-6 PM
Tuesday: 5-7 PM
Friday: 4-6 PM
Lion’s Pantry Bagged Food Program
Please visit THIS LINK to request a pre-bagged variety of foods/supplies.
As of October 5th going forwards, the Lion’s Pantry will only be offering bagged order pickups and deliveries. Bags can be picked up at either Abba Java or the physical Pantry on Services Rd.
1. Orders must be placed at least one shift ahead of time. For example, if you want to pick up a bag during Tuesday’s open hours, the order must be placed before Sunday’s open hours. Orders may be packed and available for pickup earlier; you will get a confirmation email when your bag is ready.
2. If you fill out an order form but do NOT plan on picking it up, please respond to the reminder email that will be sent out when your order is ready for pickup. Any bags not picked up within a week it is placed will be unpacked.
3. Certain items such as fresh produce and cases of water will only be available for pickup at the physical Pantry due to concerns of perishability and excessive weight.
4. You will receive an email when your order is ready for pickup before open hours or about scheduling a delivery. If you placed an order and did not receive a confirmation email by the following week, it is most likely because your email was entered incorrectly! Please double check that you have written in the correct email address.
5. Please complete as much information as possible to assist us in providing food that best meets your needs.
6. For perishable items especially, please let us know ahead of time if you are unable to pick up your order as we currently don’t have cold storage at the physical Pantry.
7. For pickups at Abba Java or deliveries, please fill out the form by Friday 4PM to give us adequate time to pack your orders. Bags are typically packed and delivered to Abba Java the following Monday.
If you have any questions or concerns, please email us at email@example.com Please know that we are working our hardest to continue to provide our services efficiently during these dynamic and significant changes! We are here for you.
Lion’s Pantry COVID-19 Outbreak Update
The staff at the Lion’s Pantry is doing their best to follow the necessary precautions to keep the pantry facility sanitized and clean during this time. If you are feeling ill or experience symptoms similar to those of COVID-19, we ask that you place a pre-bagged food order so we can limit your interaction with other pantry clients. If you are feeling ill, please indicate this in the appropriate question in the form so we are aware of the situation.
The Lion’s Pantry is located past East Halls and the Katz Law Building, in between Lion’s Surplus and the Blue Band Building.
Cub Pantries are located in the Pasquerilla Spiritual Center and the Center for Sexual and Gender Diversity and are open during campus building open hours!
Abba Java is located in downtown State College, at 299 Locust Lane.
No car? No problem! The campus shuttle runs weekdays until 6 p.m. and will drop you off at Lion Surplus, right across from the Pantry. View the campus shuttle schedule here.