Who is Ellie Sheehan? 

Ellie Sheehan is a sophomore majoring in marketing. She currently serves as the facility coordinator of The Lion’s Pantry for the 2022-2023 academic year.

The Lion’s Pantry Involvement:

• Facility Coordinator, 2022-2023
  • Previous Lion’s Pantry Manager, Spring 2022

Other Involvement and Extracurriculars:

• Blue Band
  • Pride of the Lions Pep Band
  • Students for Life

Why did you decide to join The Lion’s Pantry team? 

I joined The Lion’s Pantry because I believe that no student should struggle to have access to food, and I want to help put an end to food insecurity. I wanted to get more involved in the club so I decided to join The Lion’s Pantry Executive Team. I saw this as an opportunity to [help others].

What is your role with The Lion’s Pantry? What are you looking forward to bringing or implementing to The Lion’s Pantry in the upcoming academic year?

I am the Facility Coordinator. I am looking forward to working in our newly renovated building that now has refrigeration, which The Pantry has never had before.

What is your favorite part about working with The Lion’s Pantry?

My favorite part about working with The Lion’s Pantry is the people in this club. I love working with other individuals who have the same passion of ending food insecurity and helping as many Penn State students as we can.

What are you most looking forward to for the upcoming academic year with regard to your role with the Pantry?

I am most looking forward to working with and getting to know the student managers that will be running the open hours for The Pantry.

If you could talk to an incoming student interested in joining The Lion’s Pantry, what would you like them to know about this organization?

One thing that I think makes The Lion’s Pantry unique is it is completely run by students for students. Som the students in the club are all passionate in ending food insecurity and work well together.