Who is Elon Bowie? 

Elon Bowie is a senior majoring in human development and family studies with minors in deafness-hearing studies and rehabilitation-human service. She currently serves as the Engagement Director of The Lion’s Pantry for the 2022-2023 academic year.

The Lion’s Pantry Involvement:

• I was a member of Lion’s Pantry Spring 2022 before joining Executive Board.

Other Involvement and Extracurriculars:

• Health and Human Development Ambassador
  • Undergraduate Research-Project SIESTA (In Health and Human Development)
  • Peer Career Assistant at the Career Services
  • Student Engagement Network Intern

Why did you decide to join The Lion’s Pantry team? 

I wanted to get more involved in the Human Services aspect of my career and major. I have been volunteering since I was really young, and I was a part of The Lion’s Pantry last semester, but helping out with CANSTRUCTION really showed me that I wanted to get more involved with The Pantry.

What is your role with The Lion’s Pantry? What are you looking forward to bringing or implementing to The Lion’s Pantry in the upcoming academic year?

I hope to plan more events for the members that is part of The Lion’s Pantry, as they dedicate each week to coming to the meetings and taking time out of their busy schedules to help run The Pantry

What is your favorite part about working with The Lion’s Pantry?

My favorite part about working with the Lion’s Pantry is just how open-minded everyone is and not afraid to speak what’s on your mind; its really cool to hear other people’s perspectives to see how The Pantry can get more club members and more people to help out and volunteer.

What are you most looking forward to for the upcoming academic year with regard to your role with the Pantry?

With ideas pertaining to my role in general, just planning social events, team bonding/building events, and working on collaborating with more clubs here at Penn State, not only to get the word about us but for all of the clubs to help each other out.

If you could talk to an incoming student interested in joining The Lion’s Pantry, what would you like them to know about this organization?

If I could talk to an incoming student interested in The Lion’s Pantry, I would let them know that this is a great way to make friends and get experience working with people. There are many positions as an incoming student that you don’t need experience in. Everyone is willing to help each other. If you want more of a leadership role, without being on the Exec board, there are ways from being a shift manager, to a committee lead. We have the opportunity for you to grow with your skills.