Who is Ann Sepich? 

Ann Sepich is a senior majoring in supply chain management at Penn State. She currently serves as a student intern at The Pantry, and she is in charge of holding open hours and helping to organize donations to ensure the shelves are properly stocked.

Former Lion’s Pantry or Food Pantry Involvement:

• This is my first semester involved with The Lion’s Pantry.

Other Involvement and Extracurriculars:

I am currently learning how to play tennis and taking lessons at Penn State’s tennis center weekly. I also am involved in other groups such as Delta Sigma Pi, a professional businesses fraternity on campus.

Why did you decide to join The Lion’s Pantry team by applying to be a student intern?

I applied to be a student intern because I wanted to help support the Penn State community through combating food insecurity. I hope students find Penn State to be a welcoming place and believe The Lion’s Pantry shows inclusivity. Furthermore, I want to continue to educate myself on this topic and the needs of the community.

What are you looking forward to bringing or implementing to The Lion’s Pantry in the upcoming academic year?

I am excited by all the new changes happening in the Pantry. We are currently reworking how we manage our inventory to distribute our donations evenly throughout the week and allow everyone that visits the pantry to get highly sought after items. I am also looking forward to offering items in our new refrigerator and freezer in the upcoming months which will expand our offerings.

What is your favorite part about working with The Lion’s Pantry?

My favorite part about working with the pantry is interacting with the students who come in. Additionally, I enjoy working with my fellow interns and volunteers who make coming into work fun.

If you could talk to an incoming student interested in joining The Lion’s Pantry, what would you like them to know about this organization?

I would want students to know The Lion’s Pantry is open to all students and is an inclusive environment. I hope students that need support reach out to the Lion’s Pantry because we are here to help. We aim to adhere to individuals’ needs when asked. As student organization, we are always open to new members that can bring new ideas to The Pantry. Don’t hesitate to reach out as we have lots of volunteer opportunities!