Major: Human Development and Family Studies

Minors: Deafness/Hearing Studies and Rehabilitation Human Services

Certificates: QRP Training, Darkness to Light Certification, FERPA Training Certificate, Youth Mental Health

Lion’s Pantry Experience: Canstruction® Volunteer (2022) and Engagement Director (2022-2023)

Other Penn State Involvement: HHD Ambassadors, Student Network Engagement Intern, Peer Career Assistant, Students United Against Poverty

Post-Graduation Plans: Obtain Masters in School Counseling from New York Institute of Technology

What has your experience at The Lion’s Pantry taught you? 

My experience at The Lion’s Pantry has taught me transferable skills that I will be able to use in certain settings such as organizational, time management and communication skills. This has also brought an awareness to me about food insecurity at University Park, and I was glad to work with other executive members on the board, but student managers, and interns to keep fostering the growth of having food and resources to the Penn State students.
What would you want freshmen and new students to know about The Lion’s Pantry?
This is a great way to get involved and to give back to the community. Other than placing this on a resume, this is an opportunity to gain leadership skills.
What Lion’s Pantry accomplishment are you most proud of? 
I am proud of being an Engagement Director. I never thought that I would hold an executive position during my time at Penn State but my friend, who was the President encouraged me to apply. If I didn’t listen to her, then I wouldn’t have had the opportunity to have such an amazing experience and work with amazing people!
Please share a favorite memory from working at The Lion’s Pantry.
Helping with Sunday Workdays with the Facility Coordinator and Cub Pantry Coordinator. This was a way for me to be apart of the logistical side of the pantry where I usually don’t work in that area of the pantry.