About Camille Corbani

Executive Board Position: Nutrition Coordinator

Past Lion’s Pantry Experience: General Member (Spring 2023)

Majors: Nutritional Sciences, Nutrition and Dietetics Option

Minors: Health Policy and Administration

Other 2023-2024 Involvement:

• Health and Human Development Honor Society member since Spring of 2022
  • The Presidential Leadership Academy scholar since Spring of 2022
  • THON™ Rules and Regulations Fundraising Safety Committee Member for THON 2023 and Spring Captain for THON 2024

A Q&A with Camille

1) What are you most excited about The Lion’s Pantry this year? 

• I am excited about helping advance The Lion’s Pantry’s mission and connecting with volunteers that share the same goals.

2) What initiatives, campaigns, or goals would you like to see during the 2023-24 academic year? 

• I would like to see more students get involved with the pantry and make it more accessible to all. I would also like to see more students utilize our resources and less stigma around asking for help.

3) Why should new students join The Lion’s Pantry? 

• New students should join The Lion’s Pantry because it is a great way to give back to the community you are going to call home for four years. It will also help you make genuine connections with the student body.

4) What does food insecurity mean to you? 

• Food insecurity has always been a cause that I have strongly cared about. I believe that everyone should have the right to access safe, clean, and healthy food, especially for college students. It is a major health concern that affects many members of our community whether for a short or long period of time. It is a danger to their well-being, but it also keeps them from reaching their full potential.

5) What excites you most about the position you hold for The Lion’s Pantry during the 2023-24 year?

• I am excited about my position this year because it is new, so it will be fun to see how it can help improve The Lion’s Pantry’s work. I am also excited about bridging the gap between the pantry and Nutrition department, to provide more support and resources on Nutrition related matters.

6) Please share one of your favorite memories from The Lion’s Pantry. 

• My favorite memory from The Lion’s Pantry was our first in-person executive board meeting. It was a lot of fun to mingle and get to know everyone I am going to be working with throughout the academic year.

Some Fun Facts About Camille

Favorite Comfort Movie: Gilmore Girls

Favorite Way to Unwind After a Long Day: Listen to music

“Go-To” Fun Fact: I am trilingual.