About Jessica Ware

Executive Board Position: Food Drive Coordinator

Past Lion’s Pantry Experience: Sunday Workday Volunteer

Majors: Kinesiology

Other 2023-2024 Involvement:

• Women’s Health and Exercise Lab (Research Assistant; Writing Thesis with Advisor)
  • Clinic Intern at University Health Services
  • Penn State Women’s Club Ice Hockey
  • Penn State Women’s Lacrosse
  • Alpha Epsilon Delta Member (Health Honor Society)

A Q&A with Jessica

1) What are you most excited about The Lion’s Pantry this year? 

• I am excited to make connection with the other execs while being able to impact an important community at Penn State.

2) What initiatives, campaigns, or goals would you like to see during the 2023-24 academic year? 

• I would really like to see more volunteers and the knowledge about the Pantry spread throughout Penn State. I think it’s a really great club and if more people knew about it, it could be even more impactful than it already is.

3) Why should new students join The Lion’s Pantry? 

• To be a part of something that is bigger than them and to impact the lives of others. It is also really rewarding experience.

4) What does food insecurity mean to you? 

• Food insecurity means that there is uncertainty in someone’s life. I view it as an important cause because if we can eliminate that uncertainty, it frees up time for people to worry about other life problems and insecurities that need attending. Without this primary need of worry, it can make a difference in someone’s life and they can focus on more interpersonal needs instead of basic ones.

5) What excites you most about the position you hold for The Lion’s Pantry during the 2023-24 year?

• I am excited to interact on the exec side of the food drives. I have always participated in club sports but I’m looking forward to organizing it and communicating with others from all around.

6) Please share one of your favorite memories from The Lion’s Pantry. 

• I haven’t been volunteering for long, but I enjoyed the Sunday workdays because I got to know everyone. We were all there to organize and help out but I enjoyed establishing relationships most.

Some Fun Facts About Jessica

Favorite Comfort Show: New Girl

Favorite Way to Unwind After a Long Day: Going for a run or going out with friends!

“Go-To” Fun Fact: I don’t like chocolate or that I have a bulldog.