About Maddalyn DiMichele

Executive Board Position: Engagement Director

Past Lion’s Pantry Experience: General Member (2022-23)

Majors: Labor and Human Resources

Minors: SMEALBusiness Fundamentals Certificate

Other 2023-2024 Involvement:

• Student Human Resources Management
  • Abba Java Volunteer

A Q&A with Maddalyn

1) What are you most excited about The Lion’s Pantry this year? 

• I am really looking forward to making connections with every individual and trying out new opportunities and experiences with the team!

2) What initiatives, campaigns, or goals would you like to see during the 2023-24 academic year? 

• I would love to see individuals enthusiastic about food insecurity and attempting to give back to the community. I want to see more involvement in the engagement fair and to keep retention levels high with new individuals!

3) Why should new students join The Lion’s Pantry? 

• It’s an amazing opportunity to meet new people while dedicating your time and effort towards a great cause! It is something that new members will learn from and be able to create a passion towards positive change!

4) What does food insecurity mean to you? 

• As a freshman at Penn State, you learn a lot about yourself and you are introduced to new challenges and struggles. Food insecurity is something that no student should have to encounter while at Penn State. Lion’s Pantry is a great cause and embraces everyone. I wanted food insecurity to be something people can talk about without being uncomfortable or embarrassed about.

5) What excites you most about the position you hold for The Lion’s Pantry during the 2023-24 year?

• I am most excited about working with everyone! I want to listen to the Executive Board ideas as well as general members. I know that this team is willing to put in time and effort towards changes that will be beneficial for everyone!

6) Please share one of your favorite memories from The Lion’s Pantry. 

• I always loved the themed Kahoots 🙂

Some Fun Facts About Maddalyn

Favorite Comfort Movie: Surf’s Up

Favorite Way to Unwind After a Long Day: Talk to my friends and listen to music

“Go-To” Fun Fact: I LOVE coffee!